Ok Christmas is right around the corner and if anyone is wondering....No, my wrapping still is not completely done.
I've just been so busy.....but I totally plan to be finished tonight. I'm just glad all the online orders arrived on time. This year has been free of customer service drama. There's nothing I hate more than when I order things for my kids weeks ahead of time and it doesn't arrive because of some screw up.
Not this year.....I've got all the presents here and I can't wait to see the children's faces light up when they open them.
Well I've got a lot of wrapping left to do so I'm going to leave you with this snowman cookie tutorial. This was a tag design I saw
and just knew I had to make a cookie version. I used a tag cutter. These are very easy to make and don't take much time at all.
1. Outline and fill bottom portion of tag cookie with white royal icing. Let dry for several hours.
2. Add snowman face and allow to completely dry.
**TIP** make sure all the icing is completely dry before doing the next step (glittery hat) because the glitter will stick to anything wet.
3. Outline red hat with a #2 tip and red royal icing.
4. Fill hat with flood consistency red royal icing.
5. While icing is still wet. Pour red disco dust over it.
**TIP** for easy clean up, hold cookie over a cupcake liner when doing this. I used the foil liners because they are a bit stiffer.
6. After the icing is dry, shake off excess glitter.
**TIP** After icing is dry, you can use a small clean paint brush to remove any stray glitter along the edge of the hat.
7. With a #3 tip and white royal icing add a poof at top of hat. You want to use thicker icing so it doesn't run off.
8. sprinkle with rainbow disco dust. I use a small brush that I dip in the disco dust then
kinda twirl the brush over the poof so that the disco dust falls onto it.
Let cookie dry and you're finished!