Okay I have to ask......What's the deal with the owl obsession?
Everyone is not cuckoo over cocoa puffs, they're cuckoo over OWLS.
When my daughter signed me up to bring desserts for a class party owls were NOT on my mind.
I wanted to make cute Halloween cookies. However, Miss B had other plans. She wanted owls.....cute girlie owls.
I remembered seeing some owl cookies by one of my favorite cookie makers,
. She is always so inspiring.
So.....off to the kitchen I went to make owl cookies, because what Miss B wants, Miss B usually gets.
No, I have not jumped on the owl bandwagon.....sorry I just haven't....not YET anyway. I just didn't see the "cuteness" that everyone else saw.....UNTIL I made these.
I NEVER admit when I am wrong. So I'm not going to say I was wrong and owls are cute, just that I make cute cookies....will that work? Yeah, we'll go with that.
To make these cookies you'll need:
royal icing tinted pink, green, turquoise, yellow, black and white
#3 i icing tip
#2 icing tip (for feathers only)
1. First make eyes on cookie. Let dry.
Then outline the brown parts of the owl. Let dry 30 min.
2. Fill in brown area of owl with flood icing. Let dry 3-4 hours. If you have bleeding issues with your icing, let it dry a bit longer.
Here's where it gets tricky....because your blogger (me) forgot to take pictures. So you will have to rely on your imagination.
3. Next outline pink area of owl. Let dry 30 min then fill with pink flood icing.
(imaginary picture here)
let dry 3-4 hours.
4. add flower bow to owl and orange beak.
5. pipe green scallop design on owl's belly for feathers.
6. pipe owls feet. (three little vertical dashes)
For other cute owl cookies, check out
~Throw on your heels and get to baking~