The new season of DEXTER will be on tonight!!!!!
For those of you who don't know what Dexter is about, I'll explain. Dexter is a forensic Blood Splatter analys
t who is also a serial killer. He kills those who have gotten away with their crimes. Very good stuff!
Okay this is one of my FAVORITE television shows. I just love all the crime series......Dexter, CSI, Cold Case, just to name a few. It's no wonder I'm scared when I'm home alone at night.
Never the less, I love them. We started watching Dexter when we lived in Germany. I was instantly hooked on it.
It's my one and only reason for justifying the OUTRAGEOUS cable bill I pay. I need to have Dexter....and True Blood.
With the upcoming premiere of Dexter Season 6, it was no surprise, I had to make some cookies. There were so many ideas floating around in my head with this one. The design I settled on was quite simple. As a matter of fact, my three year old did the blood splatter. These are great cookies to make for a beginner.
To make these Dexter inspired cookies you'll need:
- white royal icing
- red royal icing
- square scalloped cookies
- #2 tip
- disposable piping bags
- paint brush used ONLY for food products
- Make cookies using your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Allow to cool.
- Outline cookies with white royal icing using #2 tip. Let dry 30 minutes.
- fill entire cookie with royal icing. Allow to dry completely. 6-8 hours.
- thin down red royal icing to the consistency of milk.....very watery.
- Dip paint brush into thin red royal icing. Splatter the cookies. DO NOT touch cookie with paint brush. You are just slinging the icing on the cookie for a splatter effect. Allow cookie to dry a few hours.
This cookie is so EASY even a beginner can do it. Like I said, my three year old did the splattering. It wasn't mess free, but it was FUN for her.
So who else watches Dexter? Are you ready for the season premiere tonight?